Monday, July 6, 2015

Crafty Secret's July Design Team Challenge and Linky Party!

Good morning! It is the first Monday of July and that means it is time for the Crafty Secret's Design Team Challenge and linky party! 
We are full swing into summer, so I wanted to make a little summer wall hanging I could display in my kitchen. I used this darling image from the Crafty Secret's Seasonal image booklet 
Scroll on down for a step by step tutorial on how this little number was made! ;)
By Michele Kovack
I don't know about you, but I have a ton of these chip board coasters! So I decided to them to use here by modge podging some Crafty Secret's designer paper to it. 
I happened to have two of the Seasonal booklets, so I took the image I wanted from both.
Once your coaster is dry, sand the edges a bit to distress them. 
Fussy cut one of the images.
Add glossy accents to the image.
Let the image dry completely.  Once it is dry, add a bit more of the glossy accents to her hair bow.  Sprinkle with glitter and add a rhinestone to the center. 
And because I can't leave well enough alone, add more glossy accents to the bottom of the uncut image.  Sprinkle it with sand. 
Add gold glitter glue to the edges. 
I printed seashells from the Digital Mermaids set.  I inked the edges a bit, added glossy accents, and sprinkled them with glitter. 
Add a ribbon handle, and a strip of brown designer paper.
Put it all together to create your dimensional summer wall hanging!
By Michele Kovack

By Michele Kovack

By Michele Kovack

Be sure to check out the other gals' blogs for more inspiration!

Teresa Horner - Victorian Paper Queen

***Update***
Cortney came home from the hospital yesterday.  Her graft appears to have taken, but there is a small area in the center that is very yellow.  The doctor is a bit concerned about it and it needs to be watched carefully. Today we head back to wound care to have the wound VAC put back on for the next week.   Please continue to pray that it takes.  I can't even allow myself to think that it won't.
Thank you all for your kind words and prayers.
:)

13 comments:

loudowning54 said...

Beautiful as always! Still praying and thinking of your beautiful daughter. I hope you get good news at the appointment.

KimCreate said...

Praying for Courtney's wound healing. Your project is ADORABLE!!!!

Diane said...

Adorable kitchen decor...I love this cute image so much...keeping Courtney in my prayers...I hope it all goes well for you all...it just has to!!

Darlene said...

Awww how adorable and what a great idea! Thinking and praying for Cortney! God Love Her ... she's been through so much ... as have you! Hang in there!

wannabcre8tive said...

Your wall hanging is as cute as can be and I loved seeing all the details of how you made it. Prayers for Cortney and you.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is so stinkin' cute, Michele! I love the details and your fabulous step out photos, too. So glad Cortney is home. I hope you can get some rest now and enjoy the rest of your summer! Hugs!

Cynthia said...

LOVE this wall hanging! I have several extra coasters lying around. I should give this a try!

Leslie Miller said...

What a cute project, and so fun to see your creative process. The gloss and the sand are so cool! You've taken a simple paper image and turned it into such a darling home decor piece. How fun to have this hanging in your kitchen. Little details make all the difference. I do have a bunch of those coasters. It's good that Cortney is home and I'm sure she's happy about that. I'll continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

2amscrapper said...

just too adorable!

The Paper Toile said...

This is adorable. I love all of the little accents you added. Just lovely!

Dolce said...

So cute e pie!! Thank you for the detailed instructions. I confess that I will be a copy cat. Cute for nursery or bath. LOVE IT!

Dolce said...

So cute e pie!! Thank you for the detailed instructions. I confess that I will be a copy cat. Cute for nursery or bath. LOVE IT!

Sheila Rumney said...

Michelle, this is so super sweet! Love how you used this image! Thanks for sharing your wonderful tutorial.