Friday, May 3, 2013

Mini Album Using Recyclables!

I created this little mini photo album for the February Cricut Mini Albums Magazine. I created a similar album on my blog awhile back that you can see HERE. I have additional step by steps a little further down on how you can make a little album with a recycled ribbon spool.  I used the Sweethearts Cricut Cartridge for the cute couple in the Love Bug.  I added a bit of doily and a flower cut from the Mother's Day Bouquet Cartridge. 
Here's a look at the album when it is completely open. :)
The ribbon spool houses the circular photos.... 
Any ribbon spool will work, I just happened to use a Papertrey one.  I took one side off and adhered designer paper to it.  
The bottom portion was painted black and sprinkled with glitter. Glitter always makes things better! :D Cut your pictures into circles with a Circle punch or Spellbinder's circle die.  




Here is the magazine's photo.....Love how they stage the projects!  I wish I could do such a good job! 
It is prom night for Cortney and Kyle's Spring dance....so busy day ahead of me!  :)
Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

what a great idea......I make pin cushions out of mine but this is
wonderful.........
love the idea
defuscodesign.blogspot.com

Angela Woerner said...

This is adorable! I love this craft idea! Would make a wonderful gift for a variety of holidays/occasions.

Thanks!!
Angela Woerner
PaperCraftingGeek.com

Natasha said...

Such a cute idea, n some lovely pics of you and your hubby. I know im a wee bit late but Happy 18th Birthday to the Beautiful Cortney too. Hugs xNx

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Michele.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anonymous said...

Great idea, so beautiful. Hope everyone has a wonderful time.

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

This is precious!!!

Chark said...

love this idea and how it turned out!

Unknown said...

This is super cute -- I'm thinking of making one for my nephew's wedding! Now I know what to do with all those empty spools! :)

Noreen said...

A fun little album! I'm going to have to make one.

Noreen

Crafty Journal

Unknown said...

Could you add some extra photos by putting them back-to-back with the existing ones on the ribbon, and run the ribbon in between the two photos?

Unknown said...

Adorable!